BwaaHaaha...take the bridge of eternal coldness into the realm of Winter Warlock!

At least today it's only cold and not freeze your ass off cold! When it hit 18 yesterday I decided to go on a workout walk just to stretch my legs. I've been sitting and writing for days now and they were in need of some activity. I don't walk as fast but i think I get a different kind of workout dodging ice patches. Because the first layer of this stuff was an inch and a half of ice, many sidewalks are not shoveled to the concrete. It takes dedication to go chop that stuff down. We haven't seen temps above freezing in a couple of weeks now so everything is simply permafrost.
So you can imagine my joy when I read this in yesterday's forecast discussion:
BOTTOM LINE... BELOW TO MUCH BELOW NORMAL TEMPS EXPECTED ACROSS OURWhoo! Such fun in store. I haven't taken many pictures lately because it hasn't changed much all week. It's been cold with cold patches and often it just gets cold. The old cats (15.5 in people years) are really suffering this winter. We keep the little house as warm as possible and I've blocked off all but three rooms to the heat. We stay comfortable but the low interior humidity (even with a humidifier) and the constant slight draft that drifts through this house has made their arthritis no fun. poor things. We all can't wait for spring.
AREA THROUGH THE EXTENDED RANGE FCST PERIOD! THE COLDEST PERIOD WILL
COME FROM LATE TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.
Make it stop! Please for the love of tuna make it stop!!!!!
Got this great shot of a cardinal in the tree. He flew out of another shot but decided to pose shyly behind a branch.
I'm looking forward to the backyard bird count next weekend!!!
http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/
Hopefully I'll get out a bit more this weekend and grab some new shots.
Stay warm!

No comments:
Post a Comment