Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mardi Gras and catching up


IT was Mardi Gras time this weekend!!!
Bart had a fabulous party. So fabulous, I forgot to take pictures during it. I only have these few shots of the early party of our happy attire.




Bart liked this shot with the guitar. Something about a girl in a corset holding an electric. Of course, I would have had to put down my Hurricane to actually pick up this guitar. If you have sensitive sensibilities, don't look too closely at my prized MG beads! They are from New Orleans!! Thanks and a shout out to Walter in Dallas for those beautiful beads. Ahhh my ultimate sadness is that I can only wear them once a year...and that's if I can find a party that will allow it.
Otherwise, they hang from a nail in my bedroom. :-)



A final shot of the party. We made some killer hot wings and I did a fair imitation of Jambalya for my first try. The party was indeed a success with people passed out on chairs and couches by 6am when we finally retired.
Nothing got broken, but Brett's shoes were stolen! Of course the theif left their own, more expensive shoes behind but we laughed for a long time on Sunday about how stupid drunk you have to be to leave your Nikes and wear someone else's shoes home!

The party, combined with my comps deadline fast approaching are why I'm delayed in putting up snow pictures from our biggest snow of the year coming in at a whopping 3.75"!!! I can't believe we haven't gotten a bigger one. As of Valentine's Day, we had about 6" on the ground with a few drifts up to 7 or so. Here are some pics of the scene last week. You can see the street is covered with snow which lasted through the weekend.


Last Wed morning was so beautiful with the fresh snow and the sun shining so brightly. Too bad the temps were around 6 or 7 degrees.


I liked the shadows on this one. You can see the footprints of the SQs and birds heading for the feeder.


Here's one of the snow on Tuesday.


This is a picture also from Valentine's day of MSU campus. This is the Red Cedar River and you can see the library and Beaumont Tower in the background. The campus is really gorgeous. I hope to post more from here as spring begins to arrive!!!

I'm in New York this weekend so should have some fabulous tourist pictures come next week sometime. My comps papers are due in three weeks and I'm furiously writing, revising, and when I'm too stressed, procrastinating. Luckily spring break starts in a week and a half and I will have time and more time to myself to get things done.

No comments: