Sunday, April 8, 2007

What a difference ... or wtf?



This was the scene in my neighborhood this past Tuesday. We had highs in the 60s and 70s for several days.
Life was good....
The forsythia were blooming!!

I tried to walk every day and each walk demonstrated new growth...


So many happy little flowers. To be honest, this was the earliest I can recall seeing trees budding and flowers blooming in Lansing. But I may just be viewing the past through the eyes of a cynic.


Even Chuckles was getting close and enjoying the sun...



My neighbor's tulips were coming up nicely. At this point I only had one coming up out of 10 bulbs planted. Of course in the last three days (in the freezing weather) a few more have arrived. Hopefully they are hardy.


Open mic was an interlude in all this. The weather turned on us as of Wednesday. Temps went from 71 Tuesday afternoon to 34 on Wednesday morning. It started snowing on Wednesday and hasn't really stopped. We only have a dusting on the ground but have had WSFFTS* for days now with temps hovering around 32 for several days.
Frankly, I know that it's Michigan in April and we should expect this. But temps at freezing for 5 days in a row is February weather...NOT spring weather. It's opressive to be so cold for so long in APRIL!
It's honestly getting to me....

]
April




Skuttle and I are of one accord on this matter.. . BLEAH!!!
Of course, there is no escape. Walter in Dallas said he was getting flurries yesterday as well so I understand we are all screwed right now....doesn't make it right.
I keep telling myself that I only have one more winter in MI. But that statement ignores the fact that *this* winter has decided to *not* give up the ghost yet.

Next week I go to Chicago for a conference. I have Cubs tickets for Wednesday afternoon's game. Yesterday they said it might be snowing...but now it's just going to be 40 and raining. Yippeee...
but...it's still baseball!
Hopefully better, happier, springier pictures will grace my next post.
Easter eggs should never be found under snow.....

No comments: