Sometimes I think writing comps will do this to my brain. Not sure what Nick's excuse is.
But it makes for great blog posting!
This was Friday 3/2/07
and after lunch I drove from Southfield (open mic on Thursday nights!) to Lansing (comps papers waiting)
The next three pictures are pretty much the cycle I faced for an hour.
The snow would blow up to near whiteout conditions for a few miles
And then would clear out.
It was truly WSFFTS as well. No real accumulation, just big, puffy, numerous snowflakes.
Back at home...here was the scene from the porch.
Now for a few more NYC pictures!!!
This is from my walk in Central Park. When I saw the weather they had this past weekend, I realized how lucky we got with the weather we had. When I went for this stroll, temps were hovering around 36/38. Some things were melting and the sun would occasionally peek out.
Loved this Chess House. I could imagine the place packed in summer months.
The architecture surrounding the park is especially beautiful. I kept trying to get shots of the buildings through bare trees.
Stopped at this rock for a sit. It was a great up-high kitty place.
In the snow on Sunday night. This is after we got lost on the subway and were late to the History Museum reception. At this point we were on the look for a good restaurant...something spicy. We ended up at a great Indian restaurant and sat in the windows watching the snow fall and laughing.
Another few pics from the top of the Empire State Building...
One of my favorite Times Square billboards
This one was inticing as well...
We have snow coming in tonight. 2-4" so nothing spectacular. Although at 4" I believe we would be getting our "biggest" snow of the year. Pretty sad when it seems to snow every dang day.
I'm on spring break and am sequestered in order to finish my comps paper due on Monday...yes Monday. I'll try to post pics of our new snow sometime this week. And then some of open mic on Thursady because I DO need a break sometime!
:-)
Namaste' Y'all

No comments:
Post a Comment