Summer school and then vacation have taken me away but I've got some lovely photos to share of my adventures while away.
So.......
Summer vacation part one: Texas and back ...the road trip
My grandmother was ailing back in June/July so I thought it would be a good idea to go see her (I hadn't since she moved to Texas three years ago). I also was itching to take a road trip. Originally I wanted the trip to go all the way to the west coast. But I couldn't quite see myself giving all of my saved cash to the darn petroleum corporate overlords, so I opted for a shorter road trip to TX and then a plane ride to San Diego to visit friends there and in Arizona. More on those trips later.
For now...
I left for Texas in early July..
After meeting up with my dad and sister in St Louis, we headed south on I-55 through Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, and then finally to Texas.
I could have sworn this cloud in Mississippi looked like the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile! I took other pictures that didn't really turn out though. And I wasn't nearly tired enough to start hallucinating!!!
This was an interesting structure off the road in Jackson, MS. Dad said it was a Civil War memorial.
For this trip, I traveled with my dad and sister (they in his van and me in my car). After I see my grandmother in Houston, I'll head to Dallas to see my dear friend Walter.
This is the swampland of Louisiana off of rt 10 heading West. These are hurricane evacuation routes and just the thought of that gave me the willies.
This is a giant traffic jam on 10E because of a tractor trailer off the road on one of these long bridges. The line was backed up for at least five miles, perhaps more.
This was a beautiful and terrifying bridge over this bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
Cool swamp trees somewhere in Louisiana. We made it to Dayton, TX (just north of Houston) in about 16 hours. It was grueling and really all I wanted was a shower and an air conditioned hotel room.
Next time....fun in Texas!!! Yes, even you could have fun in Texas! :-)

1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment