Hello again! So sorry for the extended absence. It's been a busy couple of months and I've been away from my blog.
One of my recent adventures was to go camping up at DHDay Campground just north of Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan. It's so amazingly beautiful. The campground has a large no-generator section (a must for me) and short paths to this beautiful white sand beach on Lake Michigan.
Robert and I took a few days to go camping right after Memorial Day. The campground was sparsely populated and on Tuesday, we had this entire beach to ourselves for hours. It was a beautiful, clear, sunny day. We even got a little sunburned (yes we had some sunscreen on).
Here is the beach and one of our constant seagull companions. I enjoy watching them fly.
Robert enjoying the rock throwing (and collecting) possibilities.
This was a morning fire for breakfast. It looked so nice I wanted to try and capture it.
My tent in the lovely Michigan woods. It was a perfect few days of trees.
Later that week, we also went up to open mic. Here is me playing Nick's beautiful guitar!!!
Oh..and in May we went to a Tigers/Cardinals game. I did represent by wearing my Cards jersey...me and 20 other people in the crowd of 34,000...(probably more...it was almost a sold out crowd and I can't remember the capacity...maybe 44,000 Anyway...it was painful. Not as painful as the other two games of the series. In the game we saw, the Cards almost actually tied the game in the 9th! All the people around me who were giving me shit the whole game suddenly were meek. It was funny. But the Tigers are playing far better than the Cardinals these days. Although the Cards are looking up in the last couple of weeks. Nevertheless, it was an awesome game! The fireworks after were also quite nice.
This is a great pic of Albert
We had seats in the bleacher section. Great view of the game for only $10!!
More news soon!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment