Monday, July 7, 2008

Time away, but the porch is still there



Hey there you four people in the world who check out this photoblog! I'm really sorry for my extended disappearance. This past spring was quite the challenge for me. It was awesome, but hectic. I was running a real blog for my classroom and it seemed to take up much more of my online time. But, after admonishment from friends, I have new pictures.

The one above was taken in late March. I was in town for a conference and HAD to head out to the Statue. We had a chilly day for late March, but it was lovely. As for the trip...saw Patti perform an amazing Mamma Rose, and watched a brilliant production of Madama Butterfly.
Also was able to fit in MOMA this round as well. ....oh yeah...my presentation was good and the conference was successful...but that's the boring part.


Look out!! She's going to step on you. This is the last thing the ant of Liberty sees.




This was a fascinating billboard on Times Square. Must have cost a fortune.


Mid-May pic of Robert, Cerberus, and my mom. The boy is up to 90 pounds now!!



Robert and I went to St Louis the last week of May and did a few touristy things. The Missouri Botanical Gardens exhibt many Chihuly works throughout, resulting in beautiful combinations of glass and nature.



An entire field of Iris


The Japanese Gardens. I've spent many an afternoon looking at this vista.


More Chihuly


Love this space.


Robert and the boy. Mohawk and the beast.

Stan keeps watch at sunset.



The amazing Mr Pujols at bat.


The new Busch Stadium is fabulous with brilliant views of downtown and the Arch. Be sure to sit on the third base side for this view!!


A moment of beauty at the Gardens.

And another



Hi, I'm Cerberus. I'm 10 months old and a very good puppy when I want to be.


This is me among the boxes. Right now I've been living in two houses, but now it will only be one! Hooray! I'll know where all my chewies are.


This is me at the park. I love running in the sunshine and I know in a moment mom will let me off the leash so I can chase a ball a bit. Hooray!!


This is me waiting to go to the park....and waiting.....Com'on MOM!! Park, park, park, park, park.


Yes, as you saw above, the porch is moving. Strangely enough, moving across the street to the red house so often seen in the porch pictures. So although the porch will no longer bee a station for birdies, I've relocated the apparatus in a much nicer location with a bigger tree for cover and more branches to sit upon. So far it seems to be a hit. I'll post more pictures soon...but for now, I need to get back to my living room...and moving.

Namaste'

No comments: