Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Turkey Day



Well it snowed here for Thanksgiving. Thought that it would be a good time to get started on the winter blog. We got more and more birds over the summer so I anticipate the porch to be a busy place this winter. Yesterday I looked out and believe I saw a small hawk (perhaps a Cooper's) sitting in the branches of the tree. It was too fast for me though and I have no photographic evidence to examine or display. Hopefully it will come back.


So here we are back at winter.
It accumulated an inch or so...just enough to make for a beautiful holiday.



A few other catch ups.....I'm helping take care of a puppy named Cerberus. He's been a new addition to my world. Here he is now....


He's about 11 wks old and is a handful of fun!!



This was about 10 wks with his favorite froggy.


Beastie vs beastie action....


Thanksgiving snooze.......


Compare the above snooze to this one.....this was the first day he came home...about 7wks old...



This was the car ride to his new home.....


First week...first time with his ball.....He can cover this now...

His favorite toy......STICK!!!!!



Please may I have that kitty?????



Cerberus and his Person...Robert


The fall here was beautiful...... alas it is gone now....



Spent a few days in Milwaukee in October. If you get a chance...they have an amazing Art Museum.

and a beautiful Chihuly in the lobby...as well as a few inside!!

It was a great little town...much to my surprise. Good food, good microbrews, and very nice people.


The first vestiges of fall. We were blessed with over a month of oranges and reds. I can't complain about the snow finally arriving. For the record, this is the first fall since I've been in Michigan (03), that we haven't had some form of snow/sleet before November. We had some spit snow or WSFFTS a week or so ago, but that's been it until now. Very interesting note towards how microclimates are changing fairly rapidly. Or..it just could be a normal fluctuation.
More on the winter soon!!

No comments: